|FACULTY AND STAFF||Fall 2008||Fall 2009||Fall 2010||Fall 2011||Fall 2012||Fall 2013||Fall 2014|
|17||Total Faculty and Staff||8,262||7,982||8,009||7,969||8,080||8,235||8,348|
|18||Total Faculty (OA = 20)||2,132||2,078||2,073||2,068||2,066||2,096||2,124|
|18a.||Full-Time Instructional Faculty(AAUP)||1,769||1,733||1,750||1,770||1,736||1,775||1,783|
|19||Total Faculty with Tenure (OA = 20)||1,026||1,047||1,047||1,046||1,037||1,071||1,073|
|20||Percent (AAUP) Faculty w/Terminal Degrees||88.1||88.2||87||86.8||89.4||85.9||70.1|
|22a.||Post Docs & Vet Med House Officers||378||341||302||269||287||429||415|
|* See Faculty and Staff Notes|
|Average Faculty Salaries (AAUP):|
FACULTY AND STAFF: Sources of Information
- Items 17,21 – IPEDS-S report created from Personnel Data File as submitted to UNC-General Administration.
- Items 18-20, 23-25 – AAUP Faculty Salary Report from UNC-GA
- Item 22 – Personnel Data File.
FACULTY AND STAFF — Explanatory Notes:
- 17. Total Faculty and Staff – Permanent on-campus employees, sum of faculty and staff, includes administrators, post docs, and Veterinary Medicine house staff and interns. Excludes off-campus Cooperative Extension Service field faculty and employees, hourly temps, work-study students, contractors, people working on campus who are not paid by NC State, graduate assistants, and empty positions.
- 18. Total Faculty – headcount includes full-time and part-time, instructional and all other faculty who are classified as faculty. Occupational Activity Code = 20 is the largest measure of faculty. 18a. Instructional Faculty (AAUP) – Includes full-time instructional faculty on 9 or 12 month contracts. Instructional faculty must have a primary responsibility of instruction and receive at least half of their funding from state appropriated instructional or research funds. Includes department-level administrators.
- 19. Total Faculty with Tenure (OA=20) -Includes all faculty who have tenure. Administrators with tenure are excluded here.
- 20. Percent of Full-time Instructional Faculty with Terminal Degree – The percent of full-time instructional faculty with doctorates or other terminal degrees. Information from Common Data Set-item I-1f.
- 21. Total Staff – Includes SPA and EPA personnel who are not faculty
- 22a. Post Docs and Vet Med House Officers- counted here in total employees, but not as faculty or staff.
- 22b. Graduate Assistants- Includes full and part-time teaching and research graduate assistants.
Average Faculty Salaries (AAUP)
- 23. Professor – Includes all named and full professors that are instructional faculty.
- 24. Associate Professor – Includes associate professors that are instructional faculty.
- 25. Assistant Professor – Includes assistant professors that are instructional faculty.
See personnel pages for more detail.