NC State Facts
|Fall 2009||Fall 2010||Fall 2011||Fall 2012||Fall 2013||Fall 2014||Fall 2015|
Total (On-Campus Plus Distance Education)
|1||Total Headcount Enrollment||33,819||34,376||34,767||34,340||34,009||33,989||34,015|
|2||Total Undergraduate Enrollment||25,255||25,246||25,176||24,833||24,536||24,473||24,111|
|3||Total Graduate Enrollment||8,564||9,130||9,591||9,507||9,473||9,516||9,904|
|3c||First Professional (DVM) Enrollment||316||309||312||334||357||376||396|
|4||Female Percent of Enrollment||44.5||44.5||44.1||44.2||44.4||44.3||44.8|
|5||In-State Percent of Enrollment||84.2||83.2||81.5||80.8||79.9||78.6||77.7|
|6||Minorities Percent of Enrollment||16.6||17.5||17.7||18.3||18.4||18.8||18.9|
|7||Number of Entering Freshmen||4,772||4,705||4,697||4,398||4,307||4,499||4,364|
|7a||New Freshmen Bachelor’s Degree||4,638||4,558||4,564||4,225||4,165||4,374||4,212|
|7b||New Freshmen Associate Degree||134||147||133||173||142||125||152|
|8||New Freshman Average SAT Total Score||1183||1186||1190||1218||1242||1242||1256|
|9||Latest Six-Year Cohort Graduation Rate||73%||73%||72%||71%||74%||76%||76%|
|10||On-Campus Total Headcount Enrollment||30,568||30,831||30,876||31,116||30,644||30,775||30,411|
|11||On-Campus Undergraduate Enrollment||23,600||23,560||23,476||23,661||23,286||23,229||22,712|
|12||On-Campus Graduate Enrollment||6,968||7,271||7,400||7,455||7,358||7,546||7,699|
STUDENT STATISTICS: Sources of Information:
- Items 1-8, 10-12 Student Data File as submitted to the UNC System Office
- Item 9 – IPEDS reports
STUDENT STATISTICS — Explanatory Notes:
- 1. Total Headcount Enrollment – Includes all students enrolled for one or more course in both on-campus regular fall term enrollment and distance education fall enrollment. Each person is counted only once. Excludes audit only.
- 2. Undergraduate Enrollment – Includes bachelor’s, associate, and lifelong undergraduate students.
- 3. Graduate Enrollment -Includes masters, doctoral, professional, graduate in education and lifelong graduate students.
- 2a. Bachelors Enrollment – Includes only bachelor degree-seeking undergraduates.
- 3a. Masters Enrollment – Includes only masters degree-seeking graduate students.
- 3b. Doctoral Enrollment – Includes only Ph.D. degree-seeking graduate students.
- 3c. First Professional Enrollment – Includes only DVM degree-seeking graduate students.
- 4. Female Percent of Enrollment – Percent of headcount enrollment that is female.
- 5. In-State Percent of Enrollment – Percent of headcount enrollment whose tuition residency is North Carolina.
- 6. Minorities Percent of Enrollment – Percent of headcount enrollment who are African-American, Asian, Hispanic, Native American, Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander, and Two or more races. Excludes international students.
- 7. Number of new freshmen – first-time bachelor’s degree-seeking students and associate degree students.
- 7a Bachelors Degree Freshmen Only (Undergraduates)
- 7b Associate Degree Freshmen Only (Agricultural Institute)
- 8. New Freshman Average SAT Total Score – The mean Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) total score-the sum of SAT math and SAT critical reading scores. Beginning in 2006 a SAT writing section was added and the SAT verbal was changed to SAT critical reading. At the present time the SAT writing scores are not included in the total reported in item 8.
- 9. Latest Six Year Cohort Graduation Rate – The six year graduation rate for the class that entered six years earlier. For example, the fall 2009 number represents the rate for the 2003 new freshman cohort.
- 10. On-campus Total Headcount Enrollment – Includes all on-campus students enrolled for one or more course in regular fall term with each person counted only once. Excludes audit only and extension students (distance education programs).
- 11. On-campus Undergraduate Enrollment – Includes on-campus bachelors, associate, and lifelong undergraduate students.
- 12. On-campus Graduate Enrollment – Includes only on-campus masters, doctoral, professional, graduate in education and lifelong graduate students.