Faculty and staff may be counted different ways for different reports. In particular, faculty are defined several ways, notably for NCSU reports, the IPEDS report, the AAUP salary study, and for OEO purposes. The definition of permanent employees is those receiving benefits and participating in the retirement plan. Temporary employees may be hired without benefits, or may receive benefits but have a fixed time limit on their employment.
Race / Ethnicity coding change occurred between 2008 and 2009. The years before 2009 are not directly comparable to 2009 and later. There is a close fit in mapping the old codebook to new values, but the rules changed such that personnel can check 2 or more ethnicity / race choices, and Native Hawaiian / Pacific Islander was added as a new choice.
- Table 0 : Headcount by Occupational Activity and Employment Status
- Table 1 : Headcount by Occupation and Gender / Ethnic
- Table 2 : Headcount by Occupation, EPA / SPA, and Employment Status
- Table 3 : Headcount by Occupation, Tenure Status, and Employment Status
- Table 4 : Headcount by College by Gender / Ethnic, Occupation
- Table 0 : FTEs by Occupational Activity and Employment Status
- Table 1 : FTEs by OA and Gender / Ethnic
- Table 2 : FTEs by OA, EPA / SPA, and Employment Status
Fall 2009 Totals for All Faculty
Faculty are defined by Occupation Code of “20”. On these reports retired faculty are reported as temporary, non-tenured, part-time employees. Faculty in the phased retirement program are permanent, non-tenured, part-time employees since they are still receiving benefits.
- Table 0 : Headcount by College and Rank, Tenure Status
- Table 1 : Headcount by Rank, Tenure Status by Gender / Ethnic
- Table 0 : FTEs by College and Rank, Tenure Status
- Table 1 : FTEs by Rank, Tenure Status and Gender / Ethnic
Fall 2009 Totals for Graduate Assistants