What is Qualtrics?
Qualtrics is an online survey software tool widely used by research universities, government agencies, and private companies. It is made available free of charge by NC State’s Office of Institutional Research and Planning (OIRP) to all faculty, staff, and students of NC State University. Qualtrics provides an easy to use point-and-click interface where users can create and distribute surveys, collect responses, and analyze the results.
Qualtrics features include:
- Over 100 question types, including: multiple choice, matrix tables, text entry, descriptive text, graphics, constant sum, rank order, side-by-side, drill down, timing, and meta information
- Library of existing surveys, questions, graphics, and messages that users can add to or draw from
- Advanced customization of questions such as randomization, skip/display logic, forced response validation, etc.
- Ability to upload population files into Qualtrics to easily personalize and distribute surveys
- Multiple distribution options including: Qualtrics e-mailer, customizable survey URL, social media, and QR codes
- Ability to monitor survey progress and send reminder and thank-you messages
- Downloadable response data in various formats: Excel, SPSS, XML, and HTML
- Ability to create reports, graphs, charts, and statistical results of response data
Log in to Qualtrics or register as a first-time user. Under the NC State/Qualtrics license agreement, you must have a valid NC State e-mail address to register.
If you have questions about setting up your Qualtrics account or need to request upgrades to your account, please contact Suzanne Crockett at (919) 515-6438 or email@example.com.
If you have questions about using Qualtrics, please:
- Visit Qualtrics Support at Qualtrics.com which offers an extensive set of online learning resources
- Email Qualtrics at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Call Qualtrics at 1-800-340-9194
For additional tips on using Qualtrics, see OIRP’s Qualtrics Support page.
Did you know …
As of Summer 2018, Qualtrics users at NC State have created over 36,000 surveys and collected more than 2.6 million survey responses. Read more in the AY 2017-2018 NC State Qualtrics Summary Report.